December 30, 2009

Celebration Tree ~ January



Most of you know that each month I decorate a small tree to represent the holiday/theme for that month. I started doing this several Januarys ago after I had taken all of our Christmas items down. Our house just looked so empty and bare on the inside, and it did on the outside, too. Typically, January days in Virginia are very dark, dreary, and cold. Needless to say it can start to be a little depressing after awhile. So, I brought in the little lighted tree I had out on my front porch in hopes it would bring some life back into our home. I didn't want anything too big, just something little I could put in our "foyer" that would add a little sparkle and shine to an otherwise dreary month. I think it's such a nice, cheerful way to greet family and friends! My family even looks forward to the beginning of the month to see what I'll come up with next! Below you can find the links to some other trees I've done in the past. Oh, and by the way, everything on here is from the dollar store. Love, love, love the dollar store!!!!!!!!!

http://home-place.blogspot.com/search/label/Seasonal%20decorating~Celebration%20Tree~%20St.%20Patrick%27s%20Day

http://home-place.blogspot.com/2009/02/valentine-tree-as-promised-here-is-my.html

http://home-place.blogspot.com/2009/09/fall-entry-this-is-what-greets-our.html

So, what are you waiting for? Why don't you make one, too?

2 comments:

Jodi said...

You're the first person I ever saw do this, and I think it's such a clever concept. (Lack of both space and tree prevent me from having one, but I still like the idea.)

Anonymous said...

I figured when I had posted about doing something like this on my blog that other ladies already were doing this. Wow Susan, you are so creative!--I'm only going to try and do it for 2 months, I can't imagine coming up with something new for every month.

Many Blessings and Happy New Year!
~Michele