April 15, 2008

"Uh Oh"
Modesty Gone Awry

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time you know that I never try to take myself too seriously. Granted, I can be very serious about things that are important to me, but sometimes I find life is just too short not to enjoy a great big belly laugh every once and awhile. Well, I had a GREAT big belly laugh this afternoon and I wanted to share it with y'all.

As most of you have seen, modesty has been a very big topic around the blogosphere lately. If y'all knew Miss Bonnie personally, then you'd know that she could very well write a book on the importance of it. Most days you will find her in very long, feminine, "flowy" skirts. She always looks lovely and is the epitome of what a lady should be.

Today was bathroom/bedroom cleaning day and so we both worked on our individual rooms. At one point I walked in her bathroom and saw her on her hands and knees scrubbing away. I went about my own chores and didn't see or talk to her for awhile. The mail truck comes around two o'clock so about that time I heard her go out the door to retrieve the mail. While she was outside she said a quick hello and gave a wave to our neighbors who were doing some yard work. After retrieving the mail Miss Bonnie walked through the door and started telling me what kind of mail we had gotten, and then she laid it on the table in front of me. When she did this I saw her from behind, and I nearly fell out of my chair, because I literally SAW HER BEHIND AS WELL!!! Somehow,the back of her skirt had gotten caught up in her underpants so her whole backside was on display for the world to see! I screamed, "Bonnie, your skirt is in your underpants," and she whirled around and felt for her skirt. It was not where it was supposed to be! Well, I never knew that there could be so many shades of red on one person's face. I felt so sorry for her, especially when she realized that our neighbors probably caught a glimpse. She said, "Mama, we have to move, I can never face our neighbors again." I tried my best to diffuse the situation and told her they probably didn't even notice. After many attempts of trying to calm her down, I finally got her to come around and see the funny side of it. By the end of the incident we were both laughing so hard we had tears streaming down our faces. I'm sure it something that neither one of us will never forgot, but we're sure hoping that our neighbors will;o)

**This post was written with Miss Bonnie's permission. She is like her Mama in many ways, she doesn't take herself too seriously, either!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happened to me once as a child and I never forgot about it! It's my stand-by for the "Tell about a time you were embarrassed" in 20 questions, LOL!
:)Kat

Anonymous said...

I saw this very thing happen one time at an airport, the traveller looked like a very stressed out career woman and I didn't know if telling her would just make matters worse. At least Miss Bonnie was at home, not in a busy airport!! Marie

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Oh, that is so funny. I can just see Miss Bonnie with a few children teenage children some day and a certain Grandmother saying...

"Let me tell you about the day your Mama...", hehehe.

Wish you two were neighbors. I know Stephanie would enjoy you and Miss Bonnie, too.

Michelle said...

Oh, poor Miss Bonnie! [Sorry that happened to ya, Miss Bonnie :(] I'm glad you were able to laugh about it in the end...sometimes what else can ya do but laugh?! I think we've all had embarrassing moments in life just like that!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Hugs,
Michelle

Dorothy Aichele Conway said...

That's a good reason to wear pretty panties!

Mrs. U said...

If anyone saw this, they probably had to laugh at THEMSELVES for being in a similar situation before!!

I, too, have had something similar happen. I had just walked out of the ladies bathroom and THANK THE LORD I was quickly stopped by another female church goer. Of course, we died laughing!!

His,
Mrs. U

LBP said...

That has happened to me too! Only I was at work and it was my boss (a guy) who noticed. I wished that a hole would open up in the hall and I would drop through it, I was so embarrased.

Jodi said...

Oops! Are we not blessed that our Lord saw fit to give us a sense of humor! We'd be in a pitiful mess if we couldn't laugh at our own shenanigans! Hugs!

Susan P. said...

Marie, I have missed you so much! When we got our new computer I lost a lot of my old data, including a lot of my email addresses:o( I think I remember yours, but with my "older brain," lol, I'm not sure! I do remember the first part;o) just don't know the rest! When you get a chance, could you please email me? I would love to be in touch again ~ I've really missed you. Love, Susan