January 07, 2008



"Making Do"
If y'all are like me, there isn't a lot of extra money in the budget after the holidays. Mr. P and Gerry completed the shed they had been working so hard on and to commemorate the accomplishment I wanted to frame the picture that I had taken of them while they were working on it. Now, I know there are many cute frames out there in the market place but unfortunately I can't afford them at this time. I decided to challenge myself to see what I could come up with using only items already at home. It was actually a lot of fun trying to figure out what I could come up with and in the end I enjoyed it more than if I had just gone out and purchased a frame. I found an old plexi glass frame that I cleaned up and then "framed" the picture with pieces of an old measuring tape and adorned it with screws, etc... I am really happy with how it turned out ~ I hope Mr. P is, too;o) It's going to be a surprise! Shh.......
I'm so proud of my two guys! Now that our shed is completed they are off to build one in Gerry's backyard~ guess I need to be working on another one:o)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful surprise. I love it (and you)! Thanks, Mr.P

Judy said...

Very clever. I like it. I also love your new blog look.

Storybook Woods said...

Oh very clever, thinking out of the box, use what you have, creative thinking !!! Clarice

Jackie said...

What a wonderful idea. You did an awesome job. When I first came on tonight I thought I was in the wrong place, I had to check twice. Love the new look.

Karen said...

How wintery-looking! I love your new look.
Your "frame" is just adorable!
I like to take things and use them in other ways, too! It would be fun shopping with you, and comparing notes! ;0)

Heather said...

I know it is going to mean so much to him!!

Mrs. C said...

Aren't you the creative one! Way to go making do with what you have on hand. BTW, love your new snowman look! :)

Michelle said...

Oh, that frame is way cool, Susan - LOVE it! You did a wonderful job and it sure was sweet of you to make it and surprise Mr. P. :) Love your new blog look, too!

Sharon L said...

Hi Susan,
Isn't it fun to be creative and do things in a new way? Good job to you and to them!

Blessings,

Sharon

Mrs. U said...

Susan!! That is such a wonderful idea!! You are SO creative!

His,
Mrs. U

G.L.H. said...

It turned out wonderfully! Congratulations to your men for the shed and to yourself for such a great idea!

Mimi said...

I love your new blog look, you are very clever... both with your blog and with your picture frame...
Mimi

Lallee said...

Susan, you did a great job with the frame. Very clever! Being resourceful gives such a good feeling. Congratulations to your guys for a job well done, too.

Linda said...

Love your new banner!
Great picture and great frame you crafted. Linda