April 19, 2007

A Few More Treasures

Here are a few of the other treasures I got at the tea room in Lexington. As most of you know I am a big hankie lover! As I walked into one of the rooms in the gift shop my sister Betsy said, "Susan, you will love this room because it is filled with linens!" Boy, my ears perked up and my steps grew a lot more hurried!! I felt like I had entered hankie heaven!! Never before had I seen so many beautiful hankies in one spot! I just love collecting them because they remind me of a sweeter, gentler time. I always carry one in my purse and have one tucked away in my bible. I love to iron them with lavender ironing spray because then they have such a beautiful,
delicate scent. I am especially fond of giving them as little "just because" gifts. Here are just a few of my favorites.
If you want to read more about my love of hankies you can go here.

As I told you yesterday the tea room actually grows all of it's own herbs. I couldn't resist this bag of potpourri. The scent is so lovely and I just love the name, Lavender Bliss!
I love to place the potpourri in something other than just a plain bowl. Here I have decided to put it in a dainty tea cup!
Here you can see the tea cup on my shelf in the guest powder room . It not only looks pretty but the guests will be greeted with a most "blissful" scent:o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so pretty :)

Blessings,
Michelle

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

Oh, how funny...I was just at my favorite antique shop today looking through their hankies that they sell for $1.00.

I was in a hurry as I was parked in a 20 min. zone, just so my husband could drop off info for his doctor. That's long enough to see if there was anything new! :)

Karen said...

So pretty, Susan! I really love those hankies, too.

Paul's Wife said...

Susan your blog is such a wonderful and inspiring place to visit. I too love hankies and wondered what the tea room in Lexington was named. I am visiting my daughter in Kentucky and planned on driving up to Lexington for a bit tomorrow.
Blessings, Dorothy

Susan P. said...

Dorothy, thank you so much for your kind words:o) The tea room is called The Garden Cafe at Flag Fork Herb Farm located on N. Broadway. Seating is very limited and is usually done by reservation. They serve lunch between 11-2. Hope this helps!

Kelli said...

Your new hankies are SO pretty, Susan!!! Beautiful embroidery! I love how you have the potpourii in a little teacup, it looks wonderful up on your bathroom shelf!
Kelli

Candy said...

I LOVE the hankies so much!!!
So pretty :)
Everything is so pretty :)
YDIC

Jodi said...

Such beautiful handkerchiefs! And that teacup just looks sweet on that little shelf! You have such lovely taste, Susan! :o)