November 20, 2006


My Sweet Find
We ate at Cracker Barrel over the weekend. Can I just say, "YUM!" I not only love their food but they also have the cutest little treasures in their gift shop. Of course I HAD to look because we had to wait for our table;) My eye went to the harvest table where everything was "agagillion" percent off! I fell in love with these darling little acorn tea light holders and I got them for "next to nothing!" They make an adorable display on the table but also serve a function as candle holders! They were so inexpensive I was able to buy one for each place setting at our Thanksgiving table! I plan to make these Thanksgiving placecards from Martha Stewart and put them next to these sweet little acorns.

I am going to be busy the next few days preparing our home for Thanksgiving. A house needs to be cleaned, pies need to be baked, flowers arranged,etc... to make our home ready for family and friends on this most special day. I will be back on Friday with the name of the winner of the Christmas cookie contest. I pray that each one of you has a most blessed and special time with your families this Thanksgiving Day! We all truly have so much to be thankful for, don't we? My love to all of you.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your table will look beautiful with your special finds and remember to take a picture of the table all set and ready for your guests for us to see. Have a wonderful holiday and do not eat to much.....

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. I feel I will have to conquer my terror of flying, come across the atlantic and go to Cracker Barrel just to get some of those ADORABLE acorns. I have a little collection of acorn treaures, you see. How quaint to have a place to eat and buy little treats! Is Cracker Barrel a chain?

I imagine your table will be just lovely. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Susan, they are so lovely!! Don't you love when you find just "the thing" and it's bargain priced? Your Thanksgiving dinner table will be so pretty.

I'm wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. Have a blessed holiday.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Love your acorns...wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! God Bless...

Mississippi Girl said...

Those little acorns are just precious!! I just love them! Your table will look so pretty with that extra little touch. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Jennifer R.

Anonymous said...

Now that I found those flickering battery tealights (so safe around children & pets) I want to check out our Cracker Barrel to see if they have these acorns. Cracker Barrel is one of our favorite places to eat, too! It is (IMHO) the best chain restaurant around.

Cherish the Home said...

Oh, those are ADORABLE! What a wonderful find. And I l-o-v-e to eat at Cracker Barrell too. (o:

I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Those are so cute! My dh and I just ate at Cracker Barrel over the weekend (and I enjoyed my leftovers just moments ago! :) It is his favorite restaurant! Their chocolate chip pecan pie is soooooo YUM-MY!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have the most blessed Thanksgiving. Much love in Jesus :)

Unknown said...

I read about your contest on another blog. It will be fun to read about the winner.

Have a Happy Stuffing Day.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!! Your table will be so lovely, please take some pictures to share with us!! Blessings to you..

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
Just wanted to wish you a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving!! God is good!
Thanks for being such an encouragement! Take care!
Blessings,
~Amy~

Kelli said...

Your table is beautiful and I LOVE your little acorn candles!!
Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!
Kelli
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy Thanksgiving to a very special lady! The sweet handmade card I received in the mail has been a highlight of my week so far! It made my day! Thanks Susan. Blessings to you and yours.