November 10, 2006


Macaroni & Cheese
Several of you asked about my recipe for macaroni and cheese so here is is: I got it from one of my favorite cooks, Paula Deen! It makes a lot so I make two separate dishes and freeze one. When I go to reheat the frozen mac and cheese I always add a little extra cheese a few minutes before I take it out of the oven. YUMMY!

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained (approximately 2 cups uncooked)

2 cups grated cheddar cheese

3 eggs beaten

1/2 cup sour cream

4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk, or equivalent in evaporated milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. After macaroni has been boiled and drained, add cheese while macaroni is still hot. Combine remaining ingredients and add to macaroni mixture. Pour into casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese, if desired. Susan's note *I sprinkle with a little paprika to make it "pretty!"

4 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for this recipe! I plan on making it one night next week.

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU so much! I had been patiently waiting for you to post this. :-)

Have a happy weekend!

Cherish the Home said...

Thanks for posting this! This recipe is much simpler than others I've seen.

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Kelli said...

Thank you so much!! Oh, I can't wait to try it. MMmmmmm....
Kelli