September 14, 2006

Welcoming Guests Into Your Home
It really takes very little time and effort to add those extra special little touches to make your guests feel welcome and comfortable in your home. I think a wonderful way to add those extra special touches is by incorporating the five senses: touch, smell, hear, taste, and sight. If each one of these senses is engaged in a pleasant way then I believe your guests will have a most enjoyable stay! Following are some examples I use in my home when I welcome a guest. I light a delicately scented candle to greet them when they walk in their room. I place a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the dresser. I provide them with a guest amenities basket filled with items I bought from the Dollar Store, such as toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, and sometimes even some surprise luxury amenities! I have good reading material and a soft cozy throw they can snuggle up with to take a nap. Next to the bedside is a good reading lamp and alarm clock and tissues. I provide them with big cotton towels and warm fuzzy slippers. To stave off the munchies at night, I also provide a basket of snacks and bottled water!


3 comments:

Susan P. said...

Clarice, come on over, I'll get the room all ready for you:)

Kelli said...

Looks very cozy! Love the slippers! Southern Living is an excellent choice of magazine!
Kelli

Susan P. said...

Kelli, I agree, Southern Living is wonderful!