September 15, 2006


Friday Favorite
Celebrating the Changing Seasons
Decorating the Home
Ah, seasonal decorating, it's one of my very favorite things to do! I feel very blessed to live where I do because we have four very distinct seasons in our state. I love the cool, crisp air and the changing leaves in the Autumn, the gentle snowfall in the Winter, the Dogwoods and Daffodils blooming in the Spring, and the three H's as they call it around here in the Summer: Hazy, Hot, and Humid (okay, I DON'T love that one so much)!! With each new season I like to add little seasonal touches around my home to reflect what is going on "outside" my home. It's like bringing of a touch of the outdoors in! Even if you live in an area where you don't experience the changing of the seasons you can still add little touches to your home to reflect the change and it might get your more excited about the different seasons. Have fun, be creative, and most of all remember to thank the Creator who is responsible for all of the beauty!

11 comments:

Mississippi Girl said...

Look SO good!!
Jennifer R.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is beautiful...waahhh, I want a mantle....

Grace and Peace,
Jessica Harvey

Kelli said...

How pretty!!! The floral arrangment is just beautiful and I love how you displayed the sweet pumpkin and candles on top! I'm glad to see we both have popcorn candles!!
Kelli

TJ said...

what a clever idea to use the focal point of your room to do your decorating...me I'm bad to get in a decorating rut...this post has inspired me!!
:-D

Sharon said...

A beautiful decorated fireplace and I like you enjoy decorating for the different seasons of the year. You have a lovely blog and I will be back for sure....Come visit Lavender and Lace when you have some time.

Emily said...

Was just doing some late afternoon surfing, and I wanted you to know I stopped in at your blog and found it a delightful place!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

So pretty! I really enjoyed seeing how you change out your mantel for the season. I love living where we have a distinct change of seasons as well, and autumn is my favorite! :)

Paula said...

Wonderful pumpkin display, Susan!

Susan P. said...

Jennifer and Clarice, thank you!!

Jessica, I'm so happy you visited my blog! Wish I could share my mantle with you! Our house didn't have a fireplace when we bought it, we got that from the home improvement store! I had always wanted a mantle to decorate for the seasons! Thanks for stopping by!

becca and Mrs. C, thank you for your kind words:)

Kelli, it looks like we both liked the popcorn candle idea from Mrs. Wilt!

Tammy, I am so glad! I hope you are feeling better now.

SharonKay and Emily, thank you so much for stopping by my blog home~ the welcome mat will always be out for you!

Laurie said...

Your mantle looks so pretty, love the candle idea...everything looks so soft and pretty.

homespun living said...

Beautiful display Susan and what a pretty clock!