July 07, 2006


Friday's Favorite
This is without a doubt one of my very favorite things. It is a painting done by my Grammy. What makes it so special to me is not only that my Grammy painted it but it is what is IN the picture. The bible belonged to my other "great" grammy and the oil lamp is the one that was used in my grammy's house when she was a little girl. I have both the bible and the oil lamp now and they are very special to me! My Grammy painted until she was 94 years old until her eyesight failed her. She is my inspiration!

5 comments:

G.L.H. said...

What a special painting!! And how wonderful to have the Bible and the lamp!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful, beautiful heirloom! Do you display the Bible and lamp, or are they put away for safe keeping?

Lisa said...

So many posts. I thought I'd been checking! Thank you for all the wonderful ideas.

When my hunka hunka man is no longer on a diet I will try the muffins. Right now I don't want to torture him. :)

Your candle with the rose petals is really nice and love the sachets, too. :)

I'm glad you learned the computer because your blog is just beautiful.

Paula said...

Such a treasure!

Susan P. said...

g.l.h, thank you! I treasure it because of all the "memories" surrounding it!

Mrs. Linebarger, Yes, I have them displayed below the painting on the piano. I couldn't get a good angle to take a picture of it without deleting some of the painting.

Lisa, how funny! I wouldn't want to be the cause of your "hunka hunka" man going off his diet! Thank you for your kind words, you are a sweetheart!

Mrs. C, thank you, I agree!!