January 03, 2010


New Every Day
I just put up our new 2010 calendar today. I don't know about y'all, but when I look at that new calendar I can't help but be filled with excitement. A fresh new year just filled with hope and promise are before me. As I look at the calendar right now I can see that all of the dates are empty, but I'm sure that it won't be long until they start to fill up. One thing that is for certain is that it going to be up to ME how I fill up those days. (Gulp;) So I need to ask myself this: Are my days going to be filled with things that are pleasing to God? Are my days going to be filled with caring for my home and family? Are they going to be filled by showing God's love to other's. Most importantly, are they going to be filled with meaningful time spent with Him? Or, on the flip side, are they going to be filled with too much television watching, blog surfing, phone conversations, and just plain laziness? (Another big gulp;) A few simple questions, but very important, indeed.

Sure, there will be days, probably many days, where I mess up. I'm human, and that's what we humans do! I might start off the day with good intentions, but somewhere along the way they crumble into dust. But, the good news is that when I put my head on the pillow at night and I can rest in the fact knowing that God's tender mercies are new every day! When the sun rises the next morning I know that my slate has been wiped clean. I have a fresh new beginning. A chance to make it better. A chance to live for God! So, I will face the day with renewed determination and enthusiasm. I will try to learn from my mistakes and keep "on" keeping "on" until my very last breath.

What are you going to fill your calendar with this new year?

6 comments:

Paula said...

Eph. 5:15-16 "See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil."

I used these verses this morning in my 7th grade girls Sunday school class. What a great reminder that we are to be busy serving and pleasing the Lord each day.

I hope you have a very blessed 2010!

Deb said...

Hi Susan ~ I just put up the exact same calendar!!! I love those scenes, too. Every month is beautiful and already planned by God. I pray that I'll be trusting Him for whatever comes this year.

Arlene G said...

I totally agree with you Susan....I just put up my new Charles Wysocki calendar. I want to be more "intentional" this year and not so random!!

Anonymous said...

Are my days going to be filled with things that are pleasing to God? Are my days going to be filled with caring for my home and family? Are they going to be filled by showing God's love to other's. Most importantly, are they going to be filled with meaningful time spent with Him? Or, on the flip side, are they going to be filled with too much television watching, blog surfing, phone conversations, and just plain laziness?

Those are some good questions to ponder! I've been giving these things some thought too. (o:

Tori Leslie said...

Beautiful post and so true.
You have a very nice blog, I just happened to stumble upon you and I'm glad I did. I'll be back!

Jackie said...

I am going to fill my calendar with experiences every day. You know take time to enjoy God's gifts to us like the falling snow, a new recipe, the birth of a new addition to the extended family.

God bless.