February 14, 2009


Valentine's Day
"Pondering"

In the bible we are told to love one another. With Valentine's Day here it's easy to do because it is a day that is devoted entirely to "love." Hearts, flowers, kisses and hugs abound! A day of celebrating love is fun, but, when it's over I have to ask myself whether or not I continue to abide by that principle? I think the truth of the matter is that the real test of love comes the other 364 days of the year!

To be perfectly honest this can really be a challenge because it's just plain hard to love some people. Do you have anybody in your life like this? Sometimes I even think that the Lord has put certain people in my life because there needs to be a major "remolding," and "refining" done in me. After all, it's EASY to love the lovable, isn't it? I think if I would try harder to see these "unlovable" people through the eyes of Jesus then I would be better able to stretch out my hand and open up my heart to them.
With that being said, once all the candy is eaten and the roses have wilted, I am going to try and remember that EVERY DAY is a day where love should abound and be celebrated:)

3 comments:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hi Susan,
Great post...I was just talking about this same thing today with my daughter and her friend!

Happy Valentine's Day, my friend.
Love, Kim

SweetAnnee said...

OH I do believe God puts folk in our lives to
mold us AND them.

He has blessed me with friends to love
and friends to love me
and some
to find the good in.

Love to you
Deena

Michelle said...

Well said, Susan :)

Love,
Michelle