February 15, 2008

Scenes From Our Valentine's Day


Beautiful peach colored roses from my dear Mr. P ~ I cut most of the stems off of each rose and then placed the roses in a shallow container. I like doing it this way because I think it makes for such a beautiful arrangement.


"Death by Chocolate" for dessert:o) There are no words, y'all!
As a surprise for Mr. P I made this heart banner and placed it at the head of our bed. The big heart in the middle says, "Happy Valentine's Day to my dear" and then I made an individual heart to spell out the word husband! On each heart I wrote something I loved about him that started with that letter:o)
Of all the special gestures from yesterday the thing that I loved the most isn't something that could be photographed. Being in a loving family ~ having the feeling of being loved and then having the privilege to return that love was and is the best thing, not only on Valentine's Day, but on EVERY DAY of the year! That's what it's really all about, isn't it?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the peach roses, and such a wonderful idea to cut them down into a shallow container. I will have to try this the next time I get roses.

Kelli said...

What a lovely Valentine's Day you had! The roses are beautiful and the banner is such a sweet gift!
Hugs,
Kelli

Sharon said...

The peach roses are beautiful and I agree the best valentines are the loved ones in our family. Your day sounds like a lovely day.

Mrs. U said...

Your roses look very lovely!! I'll bet they smelled even lovelier!!

His,
Mrs. U

candy said...

Pretty roses :)