January 22, 2008

Scavenger Hunt (Day 2)
Sideboard
Thanks for joining me for day 2 of the scavenger hunt! I can't tell you how much fun and how much satisfaction I have gotten out of using things I already have on hand. It's amazing when you really start looking what you can find in the "nooks" and "crannies" of your home:o)

First thing I did was fill up this jar with candy hearts (from last year, but don't worry, my family knows where the "edible" goodies are;o) I simply placed a votive candle in the jar (left over from the wedding) added a bow (ribbon left over from wedding) and placed it on one of my favorite saucers! I made two of these. Easy, peasy!

The finished Valentine centerpiece.

All lit up at night!
I am going to continue my scavenger hunt Wed. and Thur. and see what I can come up with. I will be looking for some little touches that can add "warmth" to my home during the coldest month of the year! I would love for y'all to join me by having your own scavenger hunt. You will have so much fun and the best part is you won't have to leave your house or spend a single penny! If you decide to join in the fun please leave your link in the comment section so we can see what you have done!
*Sorry, I'm so nontechnical, I have no idea how to do the mister linky thingie.....
Edited to add: No, you aren't seeing things ~ I deleted two pictures and added two new ones! After looking closely at the pictures that had the salt and pepper angels I gasped in horror because to me they appeared to be a little risque!! (embarrassed face!!) You can't see it in the picture but they have wings in the back ~ BUT, due to the fact that they didn't really look like angels (embarrassed face again;o) I decided to put them back in the "nooks" and "crannies" of my sideboard;o) Are y'all laughing? I am!!! (with an embarrassed face!!)

4 comments:

Pam said...

love your cute valentine theme!!!
fun scavenger hunt!!!

Paula said...

What unique s & p shakers! I have never seen any like that before. :)

Unknown said...

I am really enjoying your scavenger hunt. I can't join in this time as I am in a campaign to use up as much of my crafting stash as possible right now. I do have a very few little gifts from the children that I can decorate with and will be putting those out very soon.

Jodi said...

Susan ~ Your creativity is always an inspiration to me! I love the way you share your thought process as you go about the hunt. Your table looks gorgeous, and I'm sure the meal it receives will be delish! :o)