Based On My "Real Life"
I Know I'm Getting Old When . . . . .
1.I have to keep the magnifying glass on the bread machine so I can read the silly controls!
2.You might ask why in the world I would keep it there, and that leads us to the second reason which is: if I didn't I would never be able to find it because I always misplacing things!
3.I'm cooking dinner and am having a little trouble seeing. Mr. P walks in from the garage where he was working on his car. He has this funny looking light contraption on his head (something that resembles a miner's hat) He quietly sneaks up behind me and puts it on my head! At first I was telling him to "take that thing off," but then I suddenly changed my mind because the thing really works! NOT a pretty sight, y'all, and NO, there will be NO pictures on the blog;o)
4. At one time Mr. P was very interested in getting my phone NUMBER. Now, the only number he's interested in is my number on the blood pressure machine!
5. Sassy, cute shoes have now been replaced with "comfortable" ones because I do like to have feeling in my toes !
6. I sometimes find that I talk to "myself" in the grocery store, and the scary part is that sometimes I actually answer! For instance: "I wonder if they have that new brand of peanut butter"? A few seconds later, "Here it is!"
7. I'm watching tv with mydaughter and a commercial comes on that is promoting one of the latest movies. I think I'm a "hip" and "happening" kind of Mama so I'm proud of myself when I casually mention the actors name, which just happens to be Iced Tea (or so I thought) My daughter starts to laugh hysterically and says, "no Mama, it's Ice Cube!" If you don't know why this is funny then you are "old" like me;o)
8. There's a big sale at Target and instead of buying something pretty to wear or something new for the home I immediately run to the health care section and grab a fancy heating pad with lots of neat controls. I find myself getting excited over my new find and can't wait to get home and try it out!
9. I've made more room on my dresser for Ben Gay than my hand cream!
10. And finally, I know I'm getting old when I write something and crack my own self up!!!!!
EDITED TO ADD: If you are one of the younger women that read my blog please excuse my silliness ~ fortunately you can't relate to any of this yet (your time is coming though;o) And, if you are one of the ladies closer to my age then I know you can TOTALLY RELATE! If you have any examples in your life that you would like to add, please feel free . . . after all, laughter is the best medicine!