December 10, 2007

Hickory Dickory Dock



This little guy was made by me when I was probably six years old! Every year he has to come out at Christmas and he always makes me smile. I think one of the best things about Christmas is the traditions and memories we have, isn't it? I'm posting about this because I think would be a cute and easy craft for your children ~ all you need is some red, green, and black felt and two wiggly eyes. Who knows, maybe they will be bringing theirs out forty years from now!

This is too funny, y'all. When I was looking up the nursery rhyme I was amazed to find that there was a different animal for each hour! I had no idea! Just goes to show you can learn something new even at 50 years old! lol

Hickory dickory dock
The mouse run up the clock.
The clock struck one
And down he ran
Hickory dickory dock.

If you want to see the complete rhyme go here. They have a whole page with crafts, etc.. dedicated to this rhyme! What fun!!

4 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I have been catching up on reading all your post. I love the mouse you made it is so neat. The post about putting the joy back in Christmas was so true. I agree with you totaly. Thank you so much. Mary

Unknown said...

Makes me wish that I had little ones again. That mouse is so darn cute.

Lura said...

That's neat. I never knew there were all those verses. I will have to read them to my boys.

candy said...

You can tell you used to be a school teacher :)
So cute :)
Love ydic
xo