September 11, 2007

Daughter-in-Love
With the wedding just three days away I find I am becoming very emotional, sentimental and reflective. Words cannot possibly describe the joy and gratitude I feel at this time. God has blessed me with such an incredibly wonderful son and now He is blessing me with an incredibly wonderful daughter-in-love. My heart is bursting with happiness over all of His wonderful blessings!!




You came to me
not after nine months of waiting...
No, I had to wait forty-nine years
before you came into my life.

And then, there you were...
fresh-faced, hair swinging, that marvelous smile
enhanced by the altogether lovely spirit
shining in your sparkling brown eyes.

He proudly presented you to me
and I knew you were THE ONE.
I'd often wondered how I would feel
when my son "got serious" about a girl.

It's not that I thought she wouldn't be "worthy" --
I worried that she wouldn't love him enough
or believe in his dreams or laugh at his jokes.
Would she support his decisions yet stand up for her own?


Would she be strong through the bad times
and cherish the good times?
Would she like me?
Would I like HER?

And then I met you, and I knew...
Here was not a person
I could call "Daughter-in-Law,"
because that sounds like a contract
and doesn't begin to describe our relationship.

Law has nothing to do with it...
but LOVE does.
And so you are my Daughter-in-Love,
who grew not under my heart, but certainly in it.
Author unknown

13 comments:

Christie Belle said...

Awww, what a beautiful couple! And a beautiful tribute to your new daughter in love.

Cathy said...

Oh, Susan, they are beautiful! And that is such a very sweet poem. I am so happy for you. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share with us. :o)

Monica Wilkinson said...

That is so precious! You will be a fantastic mother-in-love! :)

Paula said...

I've been thinking about you this week. Enjoy the festivities and try not to overdo. ;)
Blessings,
Mrs. C

Kelli said...

Susan, what a handsome son and a beautiful daughter in love you have! I wish you a very joyous weekend!
Kelli

candy said...

aww, very sweet. lovely picture!

Michelle said...

Susan,
You have such a sweet spirit and you will be the most wonderful mother-in-love, no doubt about that! That's a very nice picture of the happy couple!!!

Have a BLAST this weekend! I'll be thinking of you :)

Karen said...

They are a sweet, beautiful couple, Susan! I think she's equally as blessed getting you as a MOTHER-in-love!
I was just thinking this morning that Saturday was the big day for you all! Much luck and wonderful fellowship be yours, dear friend.
Hugs,
Karen

gardenkeeper said...

they are a beautiful couple! and waht a sweet poem :) your daughter in love is one lucky girl to have such a lovely new mom :)

Julieann said...

Beautiful!!!

Julieann

Jodi said...

Susan ~ Beautiful, beautiful daughter-in-love, beautiful poem and such a sweet sentiment. Your family is just growing to include one more. I'm thinking about you and praying for you. May this weekend be filled with many wonderful, memorable moments. Enjoy every one of them!

Andrea said...

Wow, that is a sweet poem. I hope you will always feel that way about the beautiful young lady your son has chosen to spend the rest of his life with. CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem ...