June 06, 2007

I've Been Bit . . . . By The Sewing "Bug!"

I never knew how much I was going to love sewing, y'all! Instead of craving chocolate I am fast becoming a "material junkie!" Fewer calories, right?!! LOL Last night I stitched up this apron for Miss Bonnie. She is a "whiz" in the kitchen and I know she will get good use out of it.


I found the material at WalMart for one dollar. Once I saw this sweet daisy trim I knew it would be the perfect thing to finish off the apron!


I am not a very "conventional" seamstress. I do everything by eye, don't use a pattern, just kind of "throw it together." I can't even begin to tell you the mess that surrounds me by the end of the project. You would think that a tornado had come through! I know some of you are "cringing" right now, but it works for me;o)

Don't you just love the darling little daisies?



Miss Bonnie wasn't here when I was taking the pictures ~it looks much better on Miss Bonnie than it does on the rocker! BTW, thank y'all so much for the wonderful response to her two posts ~ she was truly delighted. She has some more wonderful ideas that I know she would love to share with y'all in the near future!

15 comments:

LBP said...

What a great job you did! Miss Bonnie is very lucky to be the recipient of such a pretty apron.

I love to sew! Wish I had more time for it.

Cherish the Home said...

It's lovely! I just love the sweet daisy trim. (o:

Susan said...

Very cute!! I've had a sewing bug this week, causing me to prowl through my tiny little fabric stash and even go and buy one piece of new fabric. I'm going to make skirts!

I'm a by-the-book seamstress. My eyes glaze over just thinking about trying to make something without a pattern! LOL Must. have. instructions. I think my daughter will be more of a wing-it person, though. She is very good at seeing something and then translating what she sees into what she wants. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty, feminine apron! The daisy trim was just the right finishing touch. I'm so glad that the sewing bug bit you....what fun you will have!

Susan said...

This apron is so cute. I love the daisy trim.
Susan

Paula said...

What a great summertime apron; you did a fabulous job!

Mississippi Girl said...

Too cute.... the daisies are precious!
Jennifer R.

Karen said...

That's adorable! I know she will be so happy with it. Especially the daisies! My oldest is a daisy girl. I think I need to make a trip to Walmart. ;-)

Christie Belle said...

Wow, I am impressed that you did this without a pattern. It looks so beautiful, you really did an amazing job. Daisies are my favorite, so naturally, I love this little apron:)

Anonymous said...

Cute! Miss Bonnie will have such sweet thoughts of her Mama when she is one day using this in her own home.

Sharon said...

I think the apron will look so cute on Miss Bonnie and I so enjoyed her post. She has a good teacher in all she does and that is her sweet mama.

Kelli said...

Now that is a good bug to get bitten buy, Susan!! The daisy apron you made Miss Bonnie is so pretty and cheery, I just love daisies!! What a wonderful gift for her!
Hugs,
Kelli

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Cute apron! I used to sew daily, but I'm afraid I haven't sewn much in the last several years. It is fun and rewarding though. My eldest daughter and I made aprons last fall. You've inspired me to make another one!! Good job! :-)

theups said...

Susan, this is SOOO pretty!! And you did it without a pattern? WOW! I want to sew like that!!! :)

Any chance that Miss Bonnie will ever start a blog of her own?

Any chance the two of y'all will write a book together? You both seem to have the gift of writing. Did you mention before that your mother writes, too?

His,
Mrs. U

Jodi said...

Sewing without a pattern - Hmmm? Sounds like you've awakened the designer within! ;o)

Great job on the apron -- such sunny daisy trim! Love it! :o)