November 27, 2006

Ribbon Magic
I LOVE RIBBON!! When I want to change the look of something around the house I can usually do it with some pretty ribbon! This is such an AFFORDABLE way to get a new look! I have had all these Christmas decorations for a long time so I felt the need to "spiff" things up a bit! I wanted to show you how one spool of ribbon transformed six ordinary items and gave them some new "pizzaz!" Or I should say, "holiday pizzaz!"



I simply added a bow to the top of this cute little gingerbread man that is hanging in my kitchen.
I think it gives him a little more "personality" as well as serves the function of hiding an unsightly nail.



I love my hurricane globe because I can use it throughout the year. All I have to do is swap out the ribbon, the appropriate candle color and choose what I wish to surround the candle with. Here I have chosen cranberries. I really love how the red gingham ribbon looks on this globe!



Here is my Christmas card holder. I just added a few pinecones and tied a gingham bow onto the back.



This is probably one of my favorite changes. I took an ordinary red pillar candle. I put it on one of my old Christmas plates. I placed some little pinecones and greenery around the base of the candle and then tied the gingham bow around the center. I placed a few berries behind the
bow so they are "peeking" out!



I even had enough left over to use for my "dress me up" plate! Tomorrow I will post a picture on what I did with the rest of the ribbon! Hint: remember the Fall pillow makeover??? Stay tuned!!

10 comments:

Mississippi Girl said...

What good ideas!! I LOVE that red gingham ribbon!
Jennifer R.

Anonymous said...

Great idea Susan, and the ribbon is easy to change when you want a different color/look. Everything looks so festive! Debbie

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful and what wonders you can do with a ribbon!

Mary said...

Susan, how pretty! I think the candle on the plate is my favorite. I am so looking forward to 'touring' your home decorated for Christmas. Can hardly wait to see your tree!

clarice said...

Isn't it amazing how something so simple as ribbon can change everything. Clarice

Anonymous said...

Susan
I love red and white gingham and I love what a little ribbon can do to make over so many lovely things. I like the christmas plate and candle. I will have my tea in the morning and read your poem. Sharon......

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed reading your blog today.. take care:)

Lacey Sue said...

Hi, Susan. I'm a Susan, too! I love your decorating ideas. Very pretty!

Lisa said...

I think I need to pick up some ribbon today. :) The poem in your previous post is outstanding. It brought back a lot of my own happy Christmas memories with special aunts and my grandparents. Thank you for that. The teacup and saucer are really beautiful; a very special gift from a husband. :)

Anonymous said...

I really LOVE what you've done with ribbon! I am going to try this out on some things too! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Sherry