July 06, 2006


"Pretties" Drawer
If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know I am a linen lover! I have been so happy to find that their are fellow linen lovers out there! Well, another thing you should know about me is I love my "pretties" drawer. What is a "pretties" drawer? It is the drawer where you have your delicates, your "unmentionables!" I am going to break the "silence" and mention them! I think it is so lovely to open up that drawer and find all of your beautiful delicates with a gentle, light scent wafting up to greet you. It's enough to put a smile on your face!! How to get that scent? I recommend using lavender. I am going to show you two ways to do this:
Take a pair of hose you no long use and cut to size. Put the appropriate amount of dried lavender into the sock bottom and then tie with a pretty ribbon. The second way is to use a glove! I have several pairs of gloves left over from weddings I was in. I didn't have the heart to throw them out but I didn't know what to do with them. I decided they would make the perfect sachet holder! Again, just tie up a ribbon you have on hand and VOILA!! You have something that is not only pretty to look at but also pretty to smell! I also love putting the sachet in with my hankies!
Do you have a "pretties" drawer?

4 comments:

Terri said...

What wonderful ideas! I've never thought of using old pantyhose or gloves before for sachets! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

What a clever idea...I have a lavender bush right outside my deck...I think I'll dry some and put it in my drawers...thanks for sharing your idea with us Susan!

Anonymous said...

Just lovely!! I do have a "pretties" drawer, but it doesn't have any lovely scents in it. Yet!! I've been longing for a lavendar bush, and I think I will go out this week and buy at least one. I'm so inspired by posts like this!

Susan P. said...

Terri, you are very welcome!

Clarice, I just couldn't figure out what to do and then I thought if I used it as a sachet it would not only "look" pretty, but "smell" pretty as well.!

Kim, that is so wonderful that you have a lavender bush right outside by your deck. Must smell "heavenly" everytime you walk by!

Mrs. Linebarger, I am so excited for you to be buying a lavender bush. I KNOW you will just love it!