July 06, 2006


"Pretties" Drawer
If you have been reading my blog for awhile you know I am a linen lover! I have been so happy to find that their are fellow linen lovers out there! Well, another thing you should know about me is I love my "pretties" drawer. What is a "pretties" drawer? It is the drawer where you have your delicates, your "unmentionables!" I am going to break the "silence" and mention them! I think it is so lovely to open up that drawer and find all of your beautiful delicates with a gentle, light scent wafting up to greet you. It's enough to put a smile on your face!! How to get that scent? I recommend using lavender. I am going to show you two ways to do this:
Take a pair of hose you no long use and cut to size. Put the appropriate amount of dried lavender into the sock bottom and then tie with a pretty ribbon. The second way is to use a glove! I have several pairs of gloves left over from weddings I was in. I didn't have the heart to throw them out but I didn't know what to do with them. I decided they would make the perfect sachet holder! Again, just tie up a ribbon you have on hand and VOILA!! You have something that is not only pretty to look at but also pretty to smell! I also love putting the sachet in with my hankies!
Do you have a "pretties" drawer?

5 comments:

Terri said...

What wonderful ideas! I've never thought of using old pantyhose or gloves before for sachets! Thanks for the inspiration!

clarice said...

What wonderful idea for using left over gloves. You are such smart cookie. Clarice

annewithane65 (Kim) said...

What a clever idea...I have a lavender bush right outside my deck...I think I'll dry some and put it in my drawers...thanks for sharing your idea with us Susan!

Mrs. Linebarger said...

Just lovely!! I do have a "pretties" drawer, but it doesn't have any lovely scents in it. Yet!! I've been longing for a lavendar bush, and I think I will go out this week and buy at least one. I'm so inspired by posts like this!

Susan P. said...

Terri, you are very welcome!

Clarice, I just couldn't figure out what to do and then I thought if I used it as a sachet it would not only "look" pretty, but "smell" pretty as well.!

Kim, that is so wonderful that you have a lavender bush right outside by your deck. Must smell "heavenly" everytime you walk by!

Mrs. Linebarger, I am so excited for you to be buying a lavender bush. I KNOW you will just love it!