Since discovering these I rarely burn candles anymore. I love them for several reasons. Cost: After the initial investment of the warmer the wax melts cost a lot, lot less than a candle. Burn time: They seem to last a really LONNGGG time. Safety: I don't have small children but I DO have three very "active" cats! I don't have to worry about an open flame. (I still need to be careful with the hot wax, though)Scent: I think the scent is stronger and they seem to fragrance your house more than a candle. If you haven't tried one I highly recommend them! *My favorite scent to melt this summer is berry tangerine. MMM, YUMMY!!